We love living in one of the vacation capitals of the country -- heck, the whole world! Here are just a few reasons why:
- So many wonderful places around the United States are spectacular vacation spots. But for a wide range of entertaining and inspiring shows there is no better place than Branson, Missouri. The theaters are spacious and comfortable, plus shows are offered throughout the day, even breakfast showtimes. ALL shows are rated "GF" - Great for the whole Family!
- Take a trip down memory lane at the Dick Clark American Bandstand Theater. Remember Paul Revere and the Raiders? How about Bill Medley?
- For all day family fun there is Silver Dollar City. In fact, it takes more than a full day to see and experience all it has to offer. During the summer all the rides are open, and by rides I mean thrilling roller coasters, rafting the rapids, and exhilarating spinning and swinging for all ages in the family. Be prepared to get wet at the interactive Geyser Gulch where water cannons aimed at specific targets can trigger a shot of water right back at 'ya! My favorite is watching the artisans and crafts people actually working at their specialty: woodcarvers, blacksmiths, glassblowers, furniture building, to name a few. All they make are available to buy in the fantastic selection of shops. Then there's the food! Oh, my gosh! The aromas of fresh-made food is everywhere in the park. Everything you can imagine, even fresh pork rinds which are really good! Honest! Oh, the music and live shows! Well, I could go on and on about Silver Dollar City. Click on the link and see for yourself the adventures waiting there.
- You can also find all the fun at Celebration City, White Water, Showboat Branson Belle, Ride the Ducks, and Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede.
- Branson is also a great place for a golfing vacation. Beautiful courses from the recreational to the championship. A spectacular course is being built at the Payne Stewart Tribute Golf Club in Branson Hills.
- For water-lovers three spectacular lakes are perfect for water-crafting, scuba-diving, fishing and swimming. Table Rock Lake, Lake Taneycomo, and Bull Shoals are all awesome! Nothing is more beautiful than watching the sunset on Table Rock Lake while pontooning with your family on this 52,300 acre lake created by Table Rock Dam. Then again, the sunrises are spiritual, as well!
- What would a vacation spot be without shopping? The Ozarks are known throughout the world for craftsmanship and original works of art by artisans in a variety of genres. Peter Engler tops the list of woodcarvers and his work is found throughout the area. It is not unusual to see Peter carving away in front of his store at the Grand Village. Click on shopping for a preview of the one-of-a-kind shops to the large outlet malls. Don't miss Branson Landing!
- Do you love the hand-made crafts that you can't get anywhere else? That's the best part about shopping in Branson! My favorite craft store is the Branson Craft Mall. And now for a really shameless plug: that is where my little shop is, Made For Keeps Originals, featuring original photography and handmade greeting cards.
So, do you have your bags packed yet? Come on! The very friendly people of Branson and the Ozarks are ready to welcome you with open arms and down-home hospitality!
If summer travel seems like an expensive luxury, stretch your vacation dollars in America's heartland where there is something for everyone!